Administrate Body Corporate Management is now looking for the services of an additional Building Facilities Manager to accommodate imminent future expansion of our residential apartment customer base.
Administrate is a well-respected Wellington based Body Corporate Management company which offers a complete one-stop-shop environment offering of full body corporate and company share building management services. Because of this, our customers benefit directly by having an integrated financial and facilities management platform - staff have a better industry understanding by working in this big picture.
To be part of this dynamic team, Administrate is looking for a customer focused person with good soft skills, who can demonstrate knowledge of managing buildings and all stakeholders in a medium to large, multi-level building environment.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing the Body Corporates day-to-day relationships with apartment owners, contractors, service providers, landlords, property managers, and, on and on an informational basis - tenants
- Management of all building compliance work schedules to ensure that the apartment Building Warrant of Fitness is current at all times
- Administration and management of service contracts
- Management of the Long-Term Maintenance Plans (LTMP)
- Undertaking regular site inspection visits to customer properties
- Management and monitoring of Health and Safety at Work compliance for contractors & service providers.
- Prepare customer building facilities management reports for quarterly committee meetings
- Attending customer meetings (Committee and Annual General Meetings)
- Respond to residents’ requests on common area/building facilities matters
- Maintaining tenant resident and property manager contact detail register.
- Managing compliance to Body Corporate Operational Rules by all stakeholders
- Management of approval process for issue of apartment access key-fobs; maintain electronic tag register.
- Managing the issue and return of service keys to service companies and contractors
- Working with the Body Corporate’s Finance/Administration Manager to facilitate communication to stakeholders of all work activity within the apartment complex that may impact them.
- Ensure incoming and outgoing residents adhere to relevant moving policies
Attributes to fulfil the role of Building/Facilities Manager:
- Good operational understanding of in building systems & services
- Good contractor management knowledge and skills
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Ability to assimilate ideas and information quickly
- Soft Skills in dealing with Body Corporate (owner) and strata title management issues
- Willingness to provide a hands-on approach to daily operations
- Excellent communication & relationship management skills
- Flexibility to perform a variety of duties
- Have reasonable working knowledge of Unit Titles Act requirements and Residential Tenancy Act for the guidance of Body Corporate Committees
- IT literacy; including MS Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
- Enthusiastic and able to deliver quality results within agreed deadlines
- Able to prioritise and work unsupervised
- Have a current and clean full drivers’ licence (motor car.)
Experience in the industry is preferred but people in the building or similar industry will be considered. Full company training, and on-going support would be provided. The key aspect we are looking for is a positive personality and a can-do attitude with the chance to grow with the role and the company.
The role is full time with some out-of-hours overtime required occasionally. Salary offered would be commensurate with knowledge and experience.
If working in a small and rewarding team environment appeals to you, then we want to hear from you. To express your interest in this role please submit your CV with a covering letter; please ensure your response covers all skills relevant to the position applied for.
Applications for this position found on the Trademe Website Listing